Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Nice, but not biker related...

I had a great surprise tonight. My wife and I were on our way home from the grocery store when my cell phone began to ring. To my great surprise, it was my 17 year old son. He told me he was on his was on his way home from band practice and was wondering if I'd like to go out for a coffee.

I'm sure you can imagine what was going through my mind at that point. Something's happened, car accident, girl troubles, who knows what. I simply asked "Everything OK?" His answer was a relief. He indicated that he just wanted to hang out with the old man as we haven't had much time alone lately.

I'm pleased to say, that's exactly what we did. We hit Starbucks and grabbed a coffee and just talked. What a great surprise!

Enjoy your evening!!!

Ian

No comments: